**Youth Communication will host a Professional Development session for The Struggle to Be Strong on January 17, 2018, from 9:30 a.m.- 1 p.m. Location: Youth Communication, 242 West 38th St., 6th floor, New York, NY 10018. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate in this training.**
Help teens recognize and name their strengths, and discover they’re not alone in facing life’s most difficult challenges. The Struggle to Be Strong is a literacy-rich tool that demonstrates the seven resiliencies — insight, independence, relationships, initiative, creativity, humor, and morality — that everyone needs to survive and thrive in even the toughest times.
Participants in the professional development workshop will have an opportunity to practice active listening, facilitating group read-alouds, and communication techniques for creating a safe space for teens.
The Story-Based Approach uses true stories by teens as a gateway to important discussions with youth.
Topics include: asking tough questions, taking charge, overcoming adversity
Youth Communication supports program implementation of The Struggle to Be Strong with:
• Professional Development (one-day training)
• Coaching Sessions (two or more)
• Curriculum Guides (one for each staff member that attends training)
• Anthologies of true stories written by teens (12 per trained staff member)
• Reproducible Worksheets for The Struggle to Be Strong (one set for each staff member that attends training)
To learn more, email Elena Autin-Hefner at email@example.com or call 212-279-0708 x135