**Youth Communication will host an On My Way Leaders Professional Development session on Friday, November 10, 2017, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. This is a 7-hour training that includes a one-hour lunch break. Location: Youth Communication, 242 West 38th St., 6th floor, New York, NY 10018. Please purchase “Package A” or “Package B” if you would like to participate in this training.**
Choose a Curriculum & Training Package
These packages are for the New York Metro Area only. Please contact us for info if you are outside of the New York area.
Package A: 12 copies of the anthology, a curriculum guide, and one attendee at a training workshop: $450**
Package B: 60 copies of the anthology, 5 curriculum guides, and up to 5 attendees at a training workshop: $2,000**
Package C: 100 copies of On My Way, 10 curriculum guides, and an on-site workshop for up to 10 staff: $3,750
Package D: 200 copies of On My Way, 20 curriculum guides, and an on-site workshop for up to 20 staff: $7,000
On My Way features 20 interactive session plans and true stories by teens about their experiences in the workplace on themes such as:
Learning on the Job • Getting Along • Managing My Life • Planning for the Future
• Prepares teens and youth adults for success in the workplace
• Tested approach—easy to use
• For youth ages 12-24
• Strengthens communication & problem solving skills
• Professional Development (7-hour) training workshop for staff using On My Way. Our professional development is designed to help staff effectively implement On My Way, and boost their group facilitation skills. The workshop is carefully crafted to strengthen the social and emotional competencies of your students and colleagues. Support your staff in developing the self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision-making skills that contribute to career success.
• Anthology of teen stories (On My Way: Teens Write About Succeeding in the Workplace). Young writers describe sweating through job interviews, getting overwhelmed on their first hectic days at work, and feeling annoyed by coworkers and bosses. These relevant stories will draw youth in, and show how peers like them have learned to succeed at work.
• Curriculum Guide (On My Way: A Career Readiness Curriculum Guide for Schools and Youth Programs) These 20 interactive session plans focus on strengthening the social and emotional learning skills young people need to succeed at work: including self-awareness, decision-making, and communication. Each skill is presented through the lens of a personal story, as told by a real teen, from the On My Way anthology. The session plans help leaders guide young adults though the many stages of work readiness: looking for their first summer job or internship; struggling to balance school and work; or exploring their college and career goals.