WINNER of the 2017 REVERE Award, “Beyond the Classroom: RELATE” (Social Emotional Learning resources) by The Association for American Publishers
**Youth Communication will host a Professional Development session for Real As Me on October 20, 2017, from 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. Location: Youth Communication, 242 West 38th St., 6th floor, New York, NY 10018. Please purchase “Package A” or “Package B” if you would like to participate in this training.**
Choose a Curriculum & Training Package
These packages are for the New York Metro Area only. Please contact us for info if you are outside of the New York area.
Package A: 12 copies of the anthology, a curriculum guide, and one attendee at a training workshop: $450
Package B: 60 copies of the anthology, 5 curriculum guides, and up to 5 attendees at a training workshop: $2,000
Package C: 100 copies of the anthology, 10 curriculum guides, and an on-site workshop for up to 10 staff: $3,750
Package D: 200 copies of the anthology, 20 curriculum guides, and an on-site workshop for up to 20 staff: $7,000
Real As Me features 20 interactive session plans and true stories by teens about who they are and who they want to be, plus session plans on the following themes:
My Mind, My Body, My Voice • Our Friends • Places that Shape Us • Changing Our World
• Build resilience, self-worth, and agency
• Tested approach—easy to use
• Develop literacy skills
• Full day (7-hour) training workshop for staff using Real As Me. Our professional development is designed to help staff effectively implement Real As Me, and boost their group facilitation skills. The workshop is carefully crafted to strengthen the social and emotional competencies of your students and colleagues. Support your staff in developing the self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision-making skills that help girls grow into confident young women.
• Anthology of teen stories (Real As Me: Young Women Write About Who They Are). True stories by young women who have endured hardship and significant challenges are at the center of Real As Me. Developed in our rigorous teen writing program, the stories activate youths’ desire to discover themselves and think critically about the choices they make— whether they’re as small as what to wear or as big as how to handle an abusive relationship.
• Curriculum Guide (Real As Me: A Curriculum Guide for Empowering Young Women) These 20 interactive session plans help staff create supportive, safe spaces where girls can explore their strengths as young women. Each session plan is presented through the lens of a personal story, as told by a real teen, from the Real As Me anthology.